In the continually shifting and competitive higher education landscape, delivering the right strategy for growth is critical for survival. Many institutions find that their legacy student information systems make it harder to adapt to new models, hampering Admissions and Advancement efforts.
Unit4 supports growth strategies across the entire student lifecycle:
- Admissions technology with configurable workflows that automate outreach campaigns based on prospect behaviour.
- Streamlined application processes that create program-specific application types and document management.
- Relationship management tools that build long-term affiliations with alumni and partners.
Unit4 helps Admissions and Advancement leaders to focus on recruitment and relationships, not routine tasks.
In business for people
Unit4 works closely with hundreds of colleges and universities around the world, including many IVY League institutions, that strive to serve students whilst conducting world-changing research.
Here, Nicki Matthew describes how Unit4 has helped the teams at University of Aberdeen to empower students to choose and build their ideal curriculums:
- Student success is more important for an institution to achieve than ever. The increasingly transactional nature of the student-university relationship means applicants study retention, graduation and employment rates in granular detail. It is vital that institutions are able to monitor, report and improve these rates so they can compete with both traditional and emerging competitors.Unit4 Student Management allows you to predict retention rates and target at-risk students with support and specific communications. Students are supported through campus life with a personal, branded and intuitive student portal on any device, at any time. Administrators can change digital offerings using intuitive interfaces – no hard coding required. In-memory analytics can be deployed to set up dashboards to measure KPIs. The result is streamlined administration that frees up student time for studies, and administration time for personalized support.
Designed for people
Unit4 solutions for Education work with your skilled staff so they can focus on education and research instead of administration. Specific modules have been designed to deal with key tasks and deliver the results you need.
- Manage finances in a single place – Meet students’ financial needs and expectations in a single, mobile portal. Watch video
- Keep students on track towards graduation – Help your students make good academic choices with degree audit and degree shopping tools.
- Improve students’ personal ROI – Equip students with everything they need to manage all their academic affairs in one convenient place. Watch video
Head of Admissions
- Automate your outreach campaigns – Trigger communications and follow-up tasks with configurable workflows based on prospect behavior.
- Streamline your application process – Create program-specific application types with customized status change and document management processing. Watch video example of graduate program recruitment.
- Focus on recruiting, not your data – Stop worrying about transfer of data between systems with native integration between admissions and enrollment.
- Retain more students – Create student risk indicators unique to your institution and intervene with interaction plans and alerts to keep them on track.
- Improve completion rates – Provide students with a clear understanding how to progress toward graduation with degree audit tools.
- Propel institutional planning – Answer important assessment-related questions with advanced reporting and built-in analytics.
- Improve financial transparency – View and analyze data from individual departments and across the campus, from granular detail up to intuitive visualizations.
- Reduce costs – Improve workflow and deploy self-service tools to establish a more ‘commercial’ culture that improves efficiency.
- Increase revenue – Assess revenue-generating opportunities across the institution including housing, facilities, and instruction
- Empower your academics – Reduce administration and comply with funding constraints by simplifying complex reporting and workflow.
- Increase research revenue – Assess the financial viability of potential research projects with accurate Full Economic Costing (FEC) and ensure timely funder billing.
- Improve customer services – Manage information from a unified technology platform to provide continuity of service across the campus.
- Unlimited course enrollment flexibility – Set up any type of registration based on your unique needs – from traditional to non-traditional to corporate training.
- Streamline curriculum management – Save time and hassles by copying course offering templates across the curriculum.
- Build actionable reports – Use dashboard reporting tools to build actionable lists based on any field across the system.
Financial Aid Director
- Manage all types of aid programs – Administer the full range of institutional aid programs – students loans, grants and scholarships.
- Stay compliant with evolving regulatory mandates – Use built-in and ad hoc reports to stay compliant with all requirements of federal and state aid programs.
- Automate award packaging – Mass auto-package student awards in priority order based on federal, institutional, or borrower-based rules.
Head of Advancement
- Improve fundraising – Acquire, retain and upgrade donors using robust marketing tools and embedded analytics.
- Identify and nurture prospects – Configure and automate personalized outreach campaigns based on prospect demographics and behavior.
- Strengthen donor relationships – Gain a 360-degree view of alumni and donors with an institution-wide CRM that leverages relationships across departments and constituent groups.
Faculty and Advisors
- Identify and intervene with at-risk students – Receive notifications and execute intervention plans with at-risk students while there’s still time to turn them around.
- Track all types of academic milestones – Monitor any type of program milestone specific to your institution, such as clinical hours, dissertation, etc..
The business of research is more complex than ever before. Global institutions and new entrants are competing for funds, and funders expect increasing levels of financial compliance.Unit4 Research Management helps you outperform the competition. It provides transparency from commercial, compliance and financial perspectives and unlocks insights with in-memory analytic tools so that academic, business development and finance teams can plan success. And it automates more financial and project administration tasks so that skilled researchers can focus on world-changing research.
Tuition pricing pressure, shrinking budgets, and higher expectations from constituents have created a new economic model for colleges and universities to be better stewards of their resources. Unfortunately, outdated systems result in manual workarounds that delay services to students and encourage inaccurate recordkeeping. Shadow systems and siloed operations create an opaque information hub that discourages collaboration and undermines data integrity. And disconnected administrative systems make it difficult to craft budgets and control spending, and to quantify the ROI of your human capital.
To overcome these obstacles, Unit4 Education Solutions are built on the flexible Unit4 People Platform that enables you to adapt your strategies and processes without needing to hire expensive IT consultants to modify your system. You can maintain a laser focus on key metrics with visual dashboards and embedded analytics that get the right information in the right hands at the right time. With Unit4 Student Management, you can eliminate the expense of maintaining pieced-together systems by automating the entire student lifecycle. And with Unit4 Business World On! Self-Drving ERP’s unified finance, HR, payroll, projects and procurement systems, you can increase financial transparency while reducing costs through improved workflow processes and productivity-enhancing self-service tools.